Happy Father’s Day 2019 Recipes – Food Ideas for Fathers Day
Hey, are you in search of something extraordinary for Father’s Day celebration? Yes, you should be. Because Fathers are similar to the candles who make light out of darkness by melting himself. A father is one who is concerned with all we do. Isn’t It?
Father’s Day Celebration is a day to honour all the fathers for everything they did for their children. This is an opportunity to express thanks to your dad for all his love and support.
Do you know that celebration can also be delicious? So for that there are 5 easy and quick delicious Lunch Recipes for you to celebrate Father’s Day Celebrations. You can also visit Breakfast Recipes Ideas for Father’s Day Celebration.
1. Vicki’s Hush Puppies
Father’s Day Celebration is an excellent moment to have lots of fun with your Dad and to let him know how much you appreciate and consider them. Try this lunch recipe for him and shower your love towards your father as he does on you.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1-quart oil for frying
1. Mix eggs, sugar, and onion.
2. Blend in flour and cornmeal
3. Heat oil to fry.
4. Drop batter by rounded spoon in hot oil.
5. Fry until golden brown.
6. Take it off and serve as hot.
2. Potato Pancake
Fathers Day’s Celebration is a perfect moment to pamper your papa with lots of love and let him know how special he is in our lives! Try this Potato Pan Cake Lunch Recipe to explore your love concerning your Daddy.
- 2 cups boiled and peel potatoes
- 1 tbsp. grated onion
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. salt.
- 1/2 peanut oil for frying.
1. Place potatoes in a cloth and extract moisture as much as possible
2. in a bowl stir the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and salt.
3. Take oil in a pan.
4. Add a spoonful of potato mixture into a pan and press it to give perfect thickness.
5. Dip fry to both sides till it gets brown.
3. Baked Mac and Cheese
We may have hard life today, but our hardships are nothing in front of the hardships that our father went through in order to get us to where we stood today. Right? So give this Delicious dish and show him that you can be also a safe shelter towards him when he needs you the most and make your Father’s Day celebration more delightful.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper
- 1 package of elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese
- 1 package of processed American cheese and cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 175 C.
2. Melt butter in a pan on medium flame.
3. Sauté onion for 2 minutes
4. Stir in a flour and cook 1 minute
5. Stirring constantly
6. Stir in milk, salt, mustard, and pepper.
7. Stir frequently until water evaporates and the mixture gets its thickness.
8. Add Cheddar and American cheeses to milk mixture and stir until cheese melts.
9. Combine Macaroni and cheese sauce. Mix well
10. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
11. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
4. Cheesesteak Sandwich with Mayo
When a child is born at the same, a father is born. A mother is born, too of course, but for her, it’s a continuous process. She has a period of nine months to get a child. But for even the best-prepared father, it happens all at of a sudden. Isn’t it? On the opposite side of a glass window, a nurse is holding up something about the size of a cake of bread for him to see for the first time.
This best ever feeling can understand only by Father. So it’s our time as children to make Father’s Day Celebration even better than that day. Right? So here is Cheesesteak Sandwich with Mayo recipe presented for Father’s Day celebration for you.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic and minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound beef round steak and cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers and it cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 slices onion into rings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls and split lengthwise and toasted
- 1 package of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
1. Mix mayonnaise and minced garlic in a bowl
2. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Preheat oven to 260 degrees C.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
5. Sauté beef until lightly browned.
6. Stir in green pepper, onion and season with salt and pepper.
7. Sauté till vegetables get cooked.
8. Spread each bun freely with garlic mayonnaise.
9. Spread beef mixture into the buns.
10. Top with shredded cheese, and sprinkle with oregano.
11. Cook sandwiches in preheated oven or cheese melt.
5. Honey Garlic Pork Chops
We had watched a small man with compact calluses on both the hands who works for fifteen and sixteen hours a day. We saw him once really bleed from the bottoms of his feet and a man who came here illiterate, isolated, weak to speak the language that man taught us all we needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple expression of his original.
Let’s do something for that man only. Here is one more delicious recipe I presented for Father’s Day Celebration.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 2/3 tbsps. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic and crushed
- 6 pork chops
1. Oil Grate on preheated grill.
2. mix ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and garlic in a bowl.
3. Toast the pork chops on both sides on the preheated grill.
4. Glaze each side of chops as they cook.
5. Grill until getting pink in the centre approx. about 7 to 9 minutes per side.
Try it and shower your love to all that man, who never give up for your happiness. Have a Great Father’s Day Celebration.
Which are the best savoury breakfast recipes of Father’s day?
Father’s day celebration is one of the most awaited days of every daughter. Isn’t it? but now even son is also planning best for father’s day celebration from morning to night.
Let’s start with our first meal i.e. Breakfast to make our whole father’s day some extra astonishing and memorable after all breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Here I had presented some savoury breakfast recipes of Father’s day celebration which are easy and quick to make.
1 IDLI SAMBHAR.
Idli is one of the traditional breakfast dish made in every south Indian home. So let’s try with it.
Ingredients. [measuring 1 cup= 250ml]
- 1 cup regular rice + 1 cup idli rice.
- 1/2 cup urad dal (husked black gram)
- 1/4 cup methi seeds (fenugreek seed)
- 2 cups water for soaking rice
- 1 cup water for soaking urad dal
- 2 cup water for grinding rice and urad dal.
- fermentation teaspoon rock salt or sea salt
- oil to apply in idli molds
- 2.5 cup of water for steaming
There are 3 easy steps to prepare it.
Step 1: – Soaking
- Takes a separate bowl for soaking rice and urad dal.
- mix rice + water to soak for 4-5 hours.
- mix urad dal + methi seeds water to soak for 4-5 hours.
Step 2: – Grinding
- Grind urad dal, methi with 1/4 cup of water till it gets smooth and fluffy batter. add water if needed.
- Keep it aside and grind rice and make it smooth batter.
- mix both compounds very well. add salt to taste.
- Cover and keep better for a fermentation process for 8-9 hours.
- After fermentation process, the better will become double in size and rise
Step 3: – Steaming Idlis.
- Grease the idli molds with the oil.
- Pour batter into it and steam in a steamer with 2.5 cups of water.
- Steam for 5-10 mins on medium flame.
- Toor dal – ¾ – 1 cup
- Water – 2.5-3 cups
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Carrot – 1, cubed
- Potato – 1 small-medium, cubed & half cooked
- Drumstick – 2, cut lengthwise
- Tomato – 2, sliced
- Ladies finger – a handful
- Tamarind – size of a lime (adjust the qty as per your taste)
- Sambar powder – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida (kayam) – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 5, sliced finely
- Red chilly – 2
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves
- Pressure cook the dal with water & turmeric powder on high flame for 4 whistles.
- Keep it closed for 30 minutes or till the steam goes.
- Add 3.5-4 cups of water to the mashed dal and blend it well. Add salt and all the veggies except the potato to this.
- When the veggies are half cooked add potato and the tamarind pulp. Cook till all the veggies are cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in another pan and add the sambar powder and kayam.
- Fry it for a minute, make sure that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Add some water to the powder and make a thick paste.
- Add this to the veggies and let it boil.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
- Add sliced, small onions, red chilies, and curry leaves.
- Fry it till the onion becomes golden brown.
- Add this to the sambar and mix well.
2. ALOO PARATHA.
Aloo paratha is a very famous dish of Punjab. I think all Punjabis father surely love this delicious dish so it can be also one of the best starting of celebration. Try this delicious recipe for it.
- Green chilies
- Cilantro powder
- Grated ginger
- Amchur powder
- Garam masala powder
- Red chilli powder
- Oil or butter.
- Boil 4-5 big size of potatoes in a pressure cooker by adding salt to taste for 2-3 whistles on medium flame.
- Peel of the potatoes after it cools at room temperature.
- Mash the potatoes. It should not have any chunks of it. Use a masher to mash it well.
- Add 2-3 green chilies, ½ teaspoon cilantro, and ½ grated ginger.
- Add salt if required, ½ amchur, 1 tablespoon garam masala, and 1 tablespoon red chili powder.
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
- For paratha dough, take atta + oil in a bowl.
- Add a water and start kneading the dough.
- Make a smooth and soft dough and let it be for 10 minutes.
- Dip in the dry flour.
- Now roll the dough into a circular shape of 4.5 diameters.
- Put potato stuffing into the center and seal properly.
- Flatten it gently.
- Again dip in dry flour and roll it till perfect circular shape.
- shallow it like a normal paratha to both the sides with oil or batter.
3. BREAD PAKODA
Bread Pakoda is a unique and tasty item of India. If you want something unique for father’s day celebration than Have a look to make it.
- slices of bread
- 1.5 cups of mashed potatoes.
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ mustard
- ½ tbsp cilantro
- 2 green chilies chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger paste
- few coriander leaves
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- Generous pinch of turmeric powder
- salt to taste.
- ¾ cup besan
- 2 to 3 tbsps rice flour
- water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard. Then add ginger paste, green chilies and curry leaves(optional). Off the stove
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt. Mix it well.
- Spread stuffing between 2 bread slices. Press gently and join it’s border with water and cut it in a triangular shape i.e. 2 triangles from each sandwich.
- Make pagoda batter by mixing 2-3 tbsps of rice flour + ½ tsp red chili powder + pinch of turmeric powder + salt as per need + water.
- Make this better smooth by adding water till we get fluid.
- Dip the sandwiches in the better.
- Dip fry this in an oil till it turns into little brown.
These are some Indian Recipes but I know that you all wanna something new, something extraordinary for Father’s day Celebrations. Here are some other Appetizing dishes which you can try.
4.BACON, EGG & CHEESE SANDWICH
It is a tasty cheese Sandwich with full of proteins. Go through the below recipe and start your father’s day with best and healthy breakfast.
- 6 lg eggs
- 4 lg egg whites
- ½ c 2% milk
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan (optional)
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 6 slices uncured Canadian-style bacon
- 6 whole grain English muffins, toasted
- 6 slices reduced-fat Cheddar or Swiss
- Heat oven or toaster over to 350°F with rack in center position.
- Coat baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Mix together eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan (optional), hot-pepper sauce (optional), and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake until eggs are set, 20 minutes.
- Cut into 6 squares.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet coated with olive oil spray over medium-high heat, turning, until golden brown approx about 3 minutes.
- Top bottoms of English muffins evenly with egg, cheese, and bacon.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining muffin halves.
5.WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKE
Have a look at some other breakfast dish which can energize our whole day. After all your celebration will last long as it is all about your father so not a single thing should remain. Isn’t it?
- ¾ c whole wheat flour
- ⅓ c old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ c cornmeal
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1¾ c buttermilk
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 lg egg white
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Mix flour, oats, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and ¼ tsp salt in large bowl until it gets combined well.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, egg white, and sugar.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Let it be for 15 minutes.
- Heat cast-iron skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- For each pancake, drop a scant ¼ cup batter into a hot surface and cook until bubbles form on top and base is golden, approx for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until a base is golden for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
As I said above that it is most awaited day one, why not to celebrate it with some creative ideas, Right? So for the creative celebration of father’s day try this creative recipe.
- 1 whole grain bread
- 1 jar (12 oz) roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 c chopped onion
- 5 baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 lg eggs
- 3 lg egg whites
- 1½ c 2% milk
- 3 reduced-fat Cheddar, shredded (¾ c)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat standard 12-cup muffin pan with baking spray.
- Remove crust from bread and cut into ½” cubes to get 3¾ cups.
- Set aside.
- Roasted peppers dry, remove seeds, and dice.
- Set aside.
- Heat medium skillet coated with olive oil spray over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute. 10.Let cool.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, milk, and ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper in large bowl.
- Stir in cheese, reserved peppers, and cooked spinach mixture.
- Gently fold in bread cubes and let stand 15 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until puffed and set for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before removing.
Finally, you are having excellent recipes stuff of breakfast for starting your Father’s day celebration.
Prepare well and make everyone happy. Best of luck for preparation.